About Recipes Restaurants FAQ My Kitchen My Kitchen

Monday, July 28, 2008

Polish fest!

Although I'm mostly Irish, my grandfather on my dad's side was Polish so we always ate Polish food growing up. One of the easiest and most typical Polish dinners is Kielbasa - Serve it with Sauerkraut and fresh pierogi!

In NJ, there are several areas with high Polish populations. If you're looking for great kielbasa, forget the big brands you find in the supermarket. Instead try to find a local Polish deli or meat market. We love Pulaski meats in Linden. We throw it on the grill til it starts to char and then have it with a little brown or yellow mustard.

For the pierogi, I like to use Mom's method - brown a little chopped onion in a pat of butter in a skillet, then add the pierogi and turn them tey get just a little bit golden on the outside.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails