About Recipes Restaurants FAQ My Kitchen My Kitchen

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Last Supper #5: Nancy Silverton

I've been a bit delinquent in this posting, considering we ate this dinner two weeks ago. So it goes sometimes...

For her last supper, Nancy Silverton listed an antipasto consisting of salami, mozzarella, pecorino romano, almonds and olives; fresh crusty bread, Bistecca Fiorentina, Braised radicchio, roasted onions and grilled zucchini.

We went for the antipasto but left out the mozzarella. Then I made Bistecca Fiorentina following a recipe that appears in Mario Batali's Italian Grill. Rubbed with extra virgin olive oil and fresh herbs, it grilled beautifully. The radicchio I wrapped in pancetta, then braised it. I roasted red onions in the oven (they look a little dark in the picture, but were delicious!). I drizzled both with a balsamic-whole grain dijon vinaigrette. Both went great with the steak.

All-in-all another great dinner from Project Last Supper. That's 5 complete since late September and 35 to go in the coming months. Next up: French chef Helene Darroze.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails